35 QUOTES TO INSPIRE YOU TO TRAVEL
Updated: Oct 31, 2019
The dreaded break between travels. At some point it is inevitable that we will all have down time before our next big adventure.
No matter how much you travel, there are days where the next trip doesn't seem so close. You could postpone the chore of planning just one more day... or week...or month...
I've been there.
Occasionally, I need that extra push of motivation to be inspired to plan my next trip or remind me of the extraordinary world that is out there waiting to be explored. So today I thought I would share a small collection of some quotes that can usually spark the fire of adventure even from the depth of your cozy blanket burrito.
So go on, get out of bed and get inspired by these adventure and travel quotes:
1. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” | Jennifer Lee
2. ”Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be.” | Steve Pavlina
4. ”One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” | William Feather
5. "It's okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire." | Colette Werden
6. “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” | Diane Ackerman
8. “Remember what Bilbo used to say: ‘It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.'” | J.R.R. Tolkien
9. “The only question in life is whether or not you are going to answer a hearty ‘YES!’ to your adventure.” | Joseph Campbell
10. “A man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him, and leaving something of himself upon it.” | Sir Martin Conway
12. “Always remember, it’s simply not an adventure worth telling if there aren’t any dragons.” | Sarah Ban Breathnach
13. "I have but one life to give to adventure."
14. It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had. | St. Augustine
16. "Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving" | Terry Pratchett
17. “Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you've never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground.” | Judith Thurman
18. "The time will pass anyway. You can either spend it creating the life you want or living the life you don't want. The choice is yours. "
20. “Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they are doing. Do things without always knowing how they'll turn out. You're curious and smart and bored, and all you see is the choice between working hard and slacking off. There are so many adventures that you miss because you're waiting to think of a plan. To find them, look for tiny interesting choices. And remember that you are always making up the future as you go.” | Randall Munroe
21. "Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams, or wake up and chase them."
22. "I believe that we are who we choose to be. Nobody's going to come and save you, you've got to save yourself. Nobody's going to give you anything; you've got to go out and fight for it. Nobody knows what you want except for you. And nobody will be as sorry as you if you don't get it. So, don't give up on your dreams."
24. "Someone once told me not to bite off more than I could chew. I said I'd rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
25. “I am convinced that it is not the fear of death, of our lives ending, that haunts our sleep so much as the fear that as far as the world is concerned, we might as well never have lived.” | Harold Kushner
26. "Fate whispers to the warrior 'You cannot survive the storm' and the warrior whispers back 'I am the storm'"
28. "Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once."
29. "Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures." | Lewis Carroll
30. "I travel because I'd rather look back at my life, saying 'I can't believe I did that' instead of 'If only I had...'" | Florine Bos
32. "And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair should be messy, and your eyes should be sparkling."
33. "When was the last time you did something for the first time?"
Do you have any favorites? Share some of your inspiring travel and adventure quotes below!